Open Enrollment Information
What is Open Enrollment?
Open enrollment is an annual event for all benefited employees to review your health care needs and consider whether you have selected the right health care coverage for yourself and family (if applicable). During Open Enrollment you can:
- Enroll in or drop a County-Sponsored Health Plan
- Change your Health Plan Option
- Add or Drop Dependents
EVERYONE with a healthcare waiver must complete open enrollment on an annual basis.
New this year:
- AFLAC is now in BSwift! We have switched to Group plans, if you wish to keep your current AFLAC benefits you may contact AFLAC (1-800-992-3522) and pay them directly. The new Group plans to enroll in will be deducted through payroll.
- Healthcare waiver is included in BSwift, and no paper forms are needed To ensure you receive the healthcare waiver for 2022 you must login and complete the enrollment process. You will need your health insurer’s name (e.g., BCBS), group number and contract number.
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) funding is continuing this year, $700 single/$1400 two person or family for those enrolled in the PHP Base plan. You must select the HSA option in BSwift. If you do not have an HSA on file, please complete the attached form to receive funds in 2022. Employer funding will be on a per pay basis for 2022 over 24 pays.
- Virtual Open Enrollment - a video is provided to walk you through the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQCE9vcRGIE
- Zoom Meetings - watch for emails to follow if you would like to attend an educational session!
Elections you make now will remain in place until the end of the 2022 calendar year. If you experience a qualifying event midyear, you have 30 days from a qualifying event date (birth, marriage, divorce, loss of coverage, etc) to add or remove a spouse or dependent from your coverage.Certain life events, such as getting married or having a baby, can affect your benefits coverage. These events, called “qualifying life events,” may allow you to change your benefits between annual Open Enrollment periods.
Register and log-in at inghamcounty.bswift.com
1. Log into the system using your first initial and last name as your username (example: jdoe) and the last 4 digits of your social security number as your password. You will then be prompted to reset your password.
Important Information When Completing Open Enrollment:
- Did you move during the past year? Update your address, phone number, etc. Now is the time to enroll or remove dependents without a qualifying event.
- Documentation may be required if adding dependents for proof of eligibility.
- Check your dependent information. You can also list dependents in the system without having to enroll them in the benefits.
- Make sure your beneficiaries are up to date.
- Becoming a parent (through birth, adoption, or legal custody)
- Losing existing health coverage
Health Insurance / Life Insurance / Disability: Donna Brower (Benefits Administrator) | DBrower@ingham.org |517-272-4174
Employee Benefits / Health Insurance Support: Jenna Adam (Benefits Technician) JAdam@ingham.org | 517-887-4327
Claims Questions/Inquiries: 855-306-1099